Sunday, September 9, 2012

On the road again...

Hi Folks! Well I'm officially on my way to JCCFS for the winter. I've made it 2/3 of the way from Rapid City, SD to Brasstown, NC. That equals out to be roughly 17 hours of driving that I split between two days. I'm delighted to not have to drive today.

Friday night I stopped in Omaha, NE to stay with Carl's cousin. It was a wonderful evening filled with many a glass of wine. I had originally planned to stay in Omaha for the whole weekend and visit all the vegan hangouts, but decided to cut my time short, so I could spend an extra day in Illinois.

Robin and I celebrated my arrival in Decatur, IL last night with a Mexican fiesta. During my time in SD, I had really missed traditional Mexican food. TexMex and, what I've heard people call, Colorado TexMex just aren't the same as the traditional Mexican food that I grew up eating. Last night I gorged myself on Vegetarian Fajitas and Chips and Salsa. It was the "Welcome Home" that I needed after all that time spent in the car.

Tonight for dinner I'm making BBQ Tempeh, Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes, and Wild Rice. If I can dig my camera out of my luggage, I'll post picks along with the recipes.

Vegan Love and Many Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment